Sunday 4 September 2011

My Hero-

I was lucky enough to attend the Broncos last home game of the season yesterday @ Suncorp Stadium (aka Lang Park or "The Cauldron" although that term is more referenced for State Of Origin) with my housemate & friend Bec. It was awesome to be there to send off Locky in his last home & away game at the ground. He's been my favourite player since his debut in 1995 & to be part of the 50,859 people was awesome! To be able to say that I was part of the biggest home crowd for a Broncos game is fantastic. The game it's self was not of superior quality although there was moments but in the end we scraped ourselves to a win & that means we can be back next Sat night for a home FINAL!!

After the game the crowd was allowed onto the hallowed turf (which was super soft!). Now I found this strange as coming from a regular Lions season ticket holder where you are allowed onto the Gabba after just about every game (weather permitting) I thought it was odd people were getting so excited about this but apparently it doesn't happen very often for Suncorp Stadium. There was a presentation to the champion Locky after the game & a group photo taken which I'm sure in years to come will hang proudly on his wall or in his bar/pool room.

I could go on & on about how I feel about him & what he's achieved as he's done it all throughout his career but I'll just say this.....
He's not finished just yet....

No comments:

Post a Comment